About Andrea Bear.
Andrea Bear, owner and president of Bear in Mind Strategies, LLC founded the company in 2007. Her experience in video production and communications, however, spans nearly four decades.
She’s at home in the field, in the studio, in the editing room, and in the production booth.
Andrea was a founding producer at CNN in Atlanta and an executive producer for the ABC affiliate in Chicago, and led a team – including Oprah Winfrey – covering the 1985 famine crisis in Ethiopia. She was recognized with a Women at Work Broadcast Award in 1982, and more recently, Inside Business selected Andrea as a 2017 Women in Business Achievement Award honoree.
From founding producer at CNN in Atlanta and executive producer at WLS-TV in Chicago to executive management positions in nonprofit, and private and public sector organizations, Andrea knows how to get results. She has hands-on experience in all aspects of the video production process and knows how to put everything together. She’s applied this experience building teams and implementing strategies throughout her career.
She understands the client’s perspective and knows how to help YOU tell YOUR STORY and sell YOUR BRAND in a compelling, authentic, and entertaining way.
More about Andrea’s background:
- 30+ years of leadership and management experience in television, fundraising and marketing, operations and support in private and public sector organizations, across a wide variety of industries.
- Led development and marketing operations at the Chrysler Museum of Art and The Mariners’ Museum, including capital campaigns totaling over $70M.
- Business development and marketing support at a engineering and technical services company.
- General manager of an electronic retailing/direct marketing firm.
- More than a decade of experience leading administrative operations at a redevelopment and housing authority.
- Began her career in television news, including executive producer at WLS-TV in Chicago and a founding producer at CNN in Atlanta.
- Developed and led Chicago-area fundraising and news team coverage for famine relief in Ethiopia.
- Contributing author to books on change management, leadership, and reinventing government.
- MBA (College of William and Mary) and BA (University of Virginia).
- Certified in Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
- Community involvement includes:
- YWCA South Hampton Roads, Immediate Past-Chair of the Board of Directors, Co-chair 2018 Women of Distinction
- CIVIC Leadership Institute
- Hampton Roads Pride
- Past Board Member: Norfolk SPCA, Downtown Norfolk Council, Ghent Business Association, Norfolk Convention & Visitors Bureau