Andrea Bear, owner and president of Bear in Mind Strategies, LLC founded the company in 2007. Her experience in video production and communications, however, spans more than three decades.
She’s at home in the field, in the studio, in the editing room, and in the production booth.
Andrea was a founding producer at CNN in Atlanta and an executive producer for the ABC affiliate in Chicago, and led a team - including Oprah Winfrey - covering the 1985 famine crisis in Ethiopia. She was recognized with a Women at Work Broadcast Award in 1982, and more recently, Inside Business selected Andrea as a 2017 Women in Business Achievement Award honoree.
She has led marketing and development teams at nonprofits, public sector, and small business organizations. She understands the client’s perspective and knows how to help YOU tell YOUR STORY and sell YOUR BRAND in a compelling, authentic, and entertaining way.
Here’s a little more about Andrea’s multi-faceted background:
- 30 years of leadership and management experience in television, fundraising and marketing, operations and support in private and public sector organizations, across a wide variety of industries.
- Led development and marketing operations at two nonprofit museums (the Chrysler Museum of Art and The Mariners' Museum), including capital campaigns totaling over $70M.
- Business development and marketing support at a engineering and technical services company.
- General manager of an electronic retailing/direct marketing firm.
- More than a decade of experience leading administrative operations at a redevelopment and housing authority.
- Began her career in television news, including executive producer at WLS-TV in Chicago and a founding producer at CNN in Atlanta.
- Developed and led Chicago-area fundraising and news team coverage for famine relief in Ethiopia.
- Contributing author to books on change management, leadership, and reinventing government.
- MBA (College of William and Mary) and BA (University of Virginia).
- Certified in Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
- Community involvement includes:
- YWCA South Hampton Roads, Immediate Past-Chair of the Board of Directors, Current Co-chair, 2018 YWCA-SHR Women of Distinction
- CIVIC Leadership Institute
- Hampton Roads Pride
- Past Board Member of Norfolk SPCA, Downtown Norfolk Council, and Ghent Business Association